Saturday 25 February 2012

Wake Runners






This out rigger canoe paddles as fast as possible to ride the wake wave of the little tender that takes us to shore from the ship. A few canoes compete for the ideal spot so they just steer for the ride. We took a tour of the bridge today and got a thorough explanation of boat functions. This is a picture of a black tip reef shark. I snorkelled just a few minutes before the shot. I don't get why they didn't take a chomp of my arm or leg, but they do not attack humans and I think its because there is so much food for them that they are not hungary. The guide did feed them bits of fish so the sharks and the rays seem tame and come for handouts. Then dinner was polynesian dress up night where these ladies taught us how to make leis. I made this one for Allan. What a florists dream. All these beautiful flowers just grow wild.

No comments: