Thursday 21 August 2008

"I ready" Thurs Aug21st




Oona's favourite chores consist of feeding the fish, feeding the baby chicks and feeding the dogs with Grandad. Whenever he asks her to and come help, she quickly puts on her little pink wellies- on opposite feet sometimes - and says, "I ready." In London for her to get ready with me I have to bribe with gummy bears. I know, I know, but gummy bears have the least sugar and consist mainly of gelatin and flavouring.

Went to the Bottle House pub for a light lunch and a dark ale. The pub is a few centuries old. It has low ceilings and one old low beam over the bar has a bumper cover to prevent someone braining themselves. The pub made me think of the old English novels I have read- weary travellers on horseback stopping at the roadhouse in the rolling hills for a rest.

Supermarket eggs will never taste as good to me as Omi's eggs that Oona collects every morning. The egg yolks are so very yellow or "lellow" as Oona says . The taste and texture makes other eggs pale in comparison.

Kiefer sleeps in the fresh air among the rosemary bushes that grow all year long and do not freeze in the winter as ours do.

Oona's evening activity was to show her daddy how she could climb like a mountain climber, placing her hands and feet carefully on the shelf edges, to the top shelf of the floor to ceiling bookcase in the sitting room.

~I~

No comments: