Saturday 9 August 2008

Oona locked in garage Sat Aug 09

Aug 09

Today Oona locked herself in the garage. Early this morning before I got up, I heard a muffled Oona yelling her head off. I thought she was having one of those Oona moments. Unbenownst to me Sonja and Alex upstairs thought Oona was with me. Turns out that she went into the garage and the heavy door slammed behind her. I think maybe Alex went into the bathroom and she thought he had gone downstairs. So she went looking for him and since he often goes into the garage, that's where she went. Finally Sonja twigged in and thought where IS Oona. Sonja ran downstairs and retrieved a screaming child form the dark garage. All was well.  

Then Oona and I went to the  park and jogged around the 400 meter track again.  No Problem. She loves to run. We came home and everyone, adults and babies napped. 

We woke and went on a giant shopping expedition.  All of us!  Just before we left Oona had watched the gymnastics parallel bars event. At the supermarket she swung on every bar she could find and there were sets of two near the cash.She did a little swinging routine. So I asked her what she was doing and she said "I doing limpics."  
The grocery  bill cost over 200 pounds - the first big shop  since Kiefer's birth.

Sonja calls Kiefer a little barnacle. He just wants to be on her body or boob. He makes little grunting noises. Very difficult for her to do any thing.

Watching limpics this evening. Everyone very very tired -except for Oona. I think I will take her to the track for a couple of laps in the evening. Alex says she will just get more fit, that's all.

Signing off.

2 comments:

Chris and Marianne said...

Nice work blogging Mom! Great to hear these snipits and very entertaining. Please keep them going.

Chris

Chris and Marianne said...

Ingrid! Hilarious. I think Oona may one day be an athlete at the 'limpics'. She's definitely got the stamina and sounds like the innate ability. Hilarious! Give Oona and Sonja, Alex and the little barnacle a big hug from us.
Marianne