Saturday 30 August 2008

On My Own. Sat Aug 30th


Today I wandered down a street that had FOUR shops of shoe stores with size 10 and up!!! My big foot is size 11 and I had choices like never before. As I browsed from shoe store to shoe store, a person followed me. I don't think intentionally. But this person also was looking for very large size woman's shoes. At first when I heard the voice of this person, I thought, "What is a man doing in this ladies shoe shop". Then I looked. This person was about 70 yrs, over 6 feet tall and definately a man with size 15 shoes (I watched him/her trying a pair) dressed like a woman. We even commiserated on lack of selection for our big feet. I bought some funky shoes.

Oona was off with mummy and daddy and Kiefer choosing pink streamers and pink pom poms and pink sparkles to make hats at her B-day party. S and A say they have not taught her be 'pink.'

Tonight Sonja had her first night out for a couple of hours with friends and family. I watched a most delightful Penguin film with Oona and Kiefer.

~I~

No comments: